Were you recently riding a bike and were unfortunate enough to get in an accident? When this happens, there is a rush of emotions and stress that consumes your mind. You may be so overwhelmed that you freeze and don’t know what to do. Where do you go from here? At Injury Assistance Law Firm, we are here to provide you advice on what to do after a bicycle accident. Our bicycle accident attorney is located near Orlando.
Any Type of Accident is Never Fun
Bike accident advice can be hard to come by. After all, even though crashes are fairly common, the vast majority of people have not been through it themselves. That can make the experience of going through a crash feel very isolating and confusing. And in the absence of good bike accident advice, it’s easy to make mistakes.
Many of the mistakes that can hurt your case the most, unfortunately, are not at all obvious. Add in that post-crash you may be in shock, dealing with serious injuries, and struggling just to live a normal life, then it becomes difficult to know exactly what you should be doing to ensure you create a case strong enough to get compensation for your injuries and suffering.
Tips From Our Accident Attorney
- Always take photos and evidence at the scene
- If you are in a stable enough condition to walk and talk, then do your best to collect as much evidence as possible at the scene of your crash.
- Get medical care as soon as possible
- If you are injured in a bike accident, get medical help. Your health is the most important thing, and even minor injuries can turn into major issues if they are not at least looked at by a medical professional. Best safe than sorry when it comes to your health!
- Wire down exactly what you think happened
- You might feel like your crash is something you’ll never forget. Unfortunately, that is rarely the case. Memories can start to get fuzzy even after a few days, and so recording your version of events as quickly after the crash as possible is really smart.
- Do not post on social media
- The driver’s insurance company will look for any reason — no matter how small it may seem to you — to avoid paying a single cent for your crash. They will look for inconsistencies everywhere they can — the police report, your statements to them, and even your social media accounts.
- Get expert advice from our bicycle accident attorney
- The driver will have an army of insurance adjusters and attorneys working on their side to keep them from having to cover the costs of your injuries — even if the driver was at fault. It’s not fair, but it is how things work. This is why it is so helpful to have an attorney on your side, giving you advice and helping you to build a strong case for yourself. Even if your case doesn’t go to trial, an experienced attorney who can negotiate on your behalf is invaluable.
Call Our Bicycle Accident Attorney Today!
At The Injury Assistance Law Firm our experienced accident attorney near Orlando, FL will aggressively handle your bicycle accident claims to secure adequate compensation for you. We are the best personal injury attorney firm! Call us today!