Did you recently get into a car accident and are worried about what to expect? How will you get on the road to recovery? Here at Injury Assistance Law, our Orlando car accident lawyer is here to make sure you have all the information when it comes to accident claims and what to expect. We are located near Orlando.
What Do You Need To Cover?
If you’ve suffered injuries from a car accident, you may be able to recover several types of damages. At the top of the list are medical expenses, but you may also claim damages that can’t necessarily be quantified. Have you ever heard of pain and suffering? Today, our Orlando car accident lawyer will share what types of damages you can claim after sustaining injuries in a car accident.
Accident Claims You Need To Know
- Medical Expenses
- If you’ve been involved in a car accident, your injuries can be as minor as a few bruises and some soreness or as serious as head trauma, internal bleeding or permanent disability. Some of these injuries require around-the-clock medical care, which can quickly escalate your costs.
- Medical expenses caused by car accidents can include:
- Ambulance fees
- Permanent disability
- In-home services
- Physical or cognitive therapy
- Lost Wages
- Some injuries sustained in a car accident may keep you from returning to work in a timely manner, resulting in a loss of work wages. Injuries that require continuous care may cause you to step out of work for a doctor and physical therapy appointments. In regards to lost wages, you must prove that the injuries you suffered hinder on your ability to earn money in the future.
- Pain and Suffering
- In addition to mental or physical distress, pain and suffering damages can also include emotional suffering caused directly by the car accident. Pain and suffering is based on the type of injury, its seriousness, and any future pain that is associated with the injury.
- Loss of Affection or Companionship
- Some injuries can deprive you and a spouse of the ability to show affection, also known as “loss of consortium.” This type of damage is unlike others in that it is claimed by the uninjured spouse, but the damages cannot be recovered if you don’t recover damages for your own injuries.
Our Team Is Here To Help!
If you have been involved in a car accident that has left you or a loved one in peril, contact us today to help you obtain the compensation and justice that you deserve. Our law office has extensive experience in personal injury, and it is our sole focus. Trust us to help you obtain the most favorable results possible.
Call Our Orlando Car Accident Lawyer
Find out all you need to know about accident claims. The last thing you want is to be part of an accident and not know what to do. Let us help. We know all about personal injury claims. At The Injury Assistance Law Firm, our personal injury lawyer is here to ensure you are updated when it comes what you need to do in a car accident. Call our Orlando Personal Injury Lawyer today for more information. Our office is near Orlando.