If you live in Central Florida and ever take a drive down Interstate 4, you are no stranger to car accidents. They seem to occur every single day, but what happens if one of those accidents involve you one day? Here at Injury Assistance Law Firm, we are here to inform you precisely what you need to do if you are ever stuck in that unfortunate situation of a no fault car accident. We take pride in being the best auto accident attorney near Orlando.
There Are Things You Need To Know
Over six million car accidents occur each year in the United States. Fortunately, most of them involve only property damage – damage to the vehicle as opposed to the occupants. But one in three accidents involves personal injury to the driver or passengers, and out of that number, two out of every ten accidents lead to fatal injuries. What if this number can affect you?
If you are involved in an automobile accident, there are certain things you can do to protect yourself and your interests. That is what we are here to share today.
Our Helpful Tips To A No Fault Car Accident
- Above all, consistently get medical treatment!
- You may have pain and discomfort after an accident, but if you don’t get medical treatment, then it is easy for the defendant to paint the picture that you are not really hurt. Stopping medical treatment gives mixed signals because if you were not ok, you wouldn’t stop getting your treatments. So be consistent, don’t try to be a superhero, get treatment at the time of the accident, regularly follow-up with your doctors, and keep good medical records. Always communicate your medical history to your physician and to your attorney.
- Have a persuasive presentation.
- Successful mediation boils down to the quality of your presentation. You can help us win in your favor – the more exhibits and convincing proof you bring to the table, the more likely you are to get a large settlement. The more you can provide, the better we can compare your situation to similar cases that have come before as part of our legal argument.
- Provide prompt notice.
- Florida has a “no-fault” law for car accident cases, and no-fault claims come with strict timelines. Provide prompt notice if you need to make a claim to ensure compensation. This rule forces you to collect first from your own insurance policy, no matter who caused the accident (unless you meet the “serious injury” threshold). It means that most people injured in auto accidents can collect without proving fault, but the amount of recoverable is limited. However, the dedicated car accident law firm of Lieberman Injury Law can help fight for a fair resolution.
Call Our Auto Accident Attorney
Find out all you need to know about a no fault car accident. The last thing you want is to be part of an accident and not know what to do. Let us help. We know all about personal injury claims. At The Injury Assistance Law Firm, our personal injury lawyer is here to ensure you are updated when it comes to what you need to do in a car accident. Call our team for more information. Our auto accident attorney is located near Orlando.