Personal Injury Law: You’re Not Being Greedy or Playing “Victim”

12 Aug
personal-injury-law-near-orlando

Personal Injury Law: You’re Not Being Greedy or Playing “Victim”

Is this the first time you have ever been in an accident where you are not at fault? How much do you know about the subject? Here at Injury Assistance Law Firm, our team of experts is here to make sure you know all about what to do and how to act. Our Orlando personal injury lawyer is the ones to turn to when it comes to personal injury law. We are located near Orlando. 

 

You Are Not Greedy

Are you worried that you may be acting greedy when you are seeking compensation for the injuries you sustained in the accident? That concept is one of the cornerstones of the American civil justice system. Despite the way some cases have been portrayed in popular culture and some news outlets, most personal injury cases are real, and it is absolutely within your rights and best interests to ask the insurer to cover damages their insured rightly owes.

 

What if the claim is against your friend or even your spouse? The vast majority of claims aren’t paid out by the named defendants but instead their insurers. Yes, your loved one may be named as a defendant, and different attorneys will represent you, but almost always, it’s the insurance coverage you’re seeking.

 

Can You Not Afford a Personal Injury Law Attorney? 

They are actually free when you think about it. Florida injury lawyers are paid on a contingency fee basis, meaning they don’t collect attorneys’ fees if unsuccessful in helping you negotiate a settlement or win a favorable jury verdict. If they are successful, they collect a percentage of total compensation, which is determined ahead of time. That means they are selective about the cases they take and are unlikely to advise you to pursue a case that in their professional opinion is unlikely to prevail.

 

But It Was Your Fault!

A determination of fault is often more complicated than you might expect. Even if you are partially at-fault for the accident or injury, Florida follows what’s known as a comparative fault standard, outlined in F.S. 768.81, that still allows the pursuit of a claim, with damages proportionately reduced by plaintiff’s percentage of fault. Technically, even if you’re 99 percent at-fault, you can still collect the other 1 percent

 

We Are Here For You! 

If you have been involved in a car accident that has left you or a loved one in peril, contact us today to help you obtain the compensation and justice that you deserve. Our law office has extensive experience in personal injury, and it is our sole focus. Trust us to help you obtain the most favorable results possible.

 

Call Our Orlando Personal Injury Lawyer

Find out all you need to know about personal injury law. The last thing you want is to be part of an accident and not know what to do. Let us help. We know all about personal injury claims. At The Injury Assistance Law Firm, our personal injury lawyer is here to ensure you are updated when it comes what you need to do in a car accident. We are the best personal injury attorney! Call our Orlando Personal Injury Lawyer today for more information.

Write a Reply or Comment