If you recently got into a car accident, you want results right away when it comes to compensation. Here at Injury Assistance Law Firm, our experts are here to make sure that you have all the information you need to understand how long it takes to resolve your personal injury lawsuit. Our personal injury attorney Orlando professionals are here for you.
How Long Does It Take?
In most cases, you have up to four years in which to file a Florida personal injury lawsuit. There is rarely a good reason to wait that long, but for some circumstances, the longer statute of limitations per F.S. 95.11(3) is advantageous. As for how long a Central Florida injury lawsuit will take to resolve once it is filed, the answer depends on many variables.
Whether we’re talking about a boating accident or a dog bite or a slip-and-fall injury or even a car crash, key questions to be resolved include:
- Who was at fault?
- To what extent were those persons at fault?
- What injuries resulted from the wrongdoing?
- How will those injuries impact a plaintiff, survivors, etc.?
That is a very broad oversimplification of the legal questions that arise, but the difficulty in answering them can shed some light on how long a claim may take to resolve.
Other Factors of the Personal Injury Lawsuit
Other factors that may play a part in extending the resolution of your injury claim include:
- Whether both parties agree as to how the accident happened and who was at fault;
- Whether both parties agree as to the cause of victim’s injuries (was it this accident or another factor, such as a pre-existing condition);
- How long it takes to gather and present necessary evidence, such as medical records;
- Whether the case requires testimony from an expert witness (medical malpractice cases automatically necessitate them, but some car accidents and slip-and-fall cases do too)
- Whether the court has an overcrowded docket/busy schedule.
You Can Count On Us!
If you have been involved in a car accident that has left you or a loved one in peril, contact us today to help you obtain the compensation and justice that you deserve. Our law office has extensive experience in personal injury, and it is our sole focus. Trust us to help you obtain the most favorable results possible.
Our firm stands ready to provide creative legal solutions to resolve every case effectively. We work hard to achieve client objectives in an efficient and cost-conscious manner. Clients work directly with our lawyers and benefit from our efficient communication practices.
Call Our Personal Injury Attorney Orlando Today
Find out how long your personal injury lawsuit will last! The last thing you want is to be part of an accident. Let us help. We know all about personal injury claims. At The Injury Assistance Law Firm, our personal injury lawyer is here to ensure you are updated when it comes what you need to do in a car accident. We are the best personal injury attorney Orlando! Call us today for more information.