Regardless if its right across the street from your home, or across the city downtown, intersection accidents cause severe injuries each year. Some of these may even be life-threatening. When it comes down to it, these car accidents are at a higher-risk because the cars that are approaching come from different directions. At Injury Assistance Law Firm, our professionals are here to ensure you know all about these accidents to keep you informed and protected. Our traffic accident lawyer is the best Orlando car accident lawyer near Orlando.
While out on the roads you need to keep an eye out for other vehicles, however, there are plenty other obstacles to keep an eye out for, too. This includes pedestrians, buildings, street signs, road hazards, and animals.
To stay safe and prevent intersections, there are several things drivers can do:
- Never change lanes when approaching an intersection. You may end up in a sideswipe crash. You may not have enough time to complete the lane change safely, especially if the light changes.
- Never assume the right of way. Even if you have a green light and have the right of way, check to make sure there aren’t any drivers or pedestrians crossing or turning on a red. Unfortunately, some pedestrians do try to cross when their light is red, and some bicyclists do not obey traffic signals. Drivers, too, will sometimes run red lights. Make sure the way is clear before proceeding to avoid a pedestrian or T-bone crash.
- Put away distractions. At an intersection, you need to stay alert so you can notice any oncoming vehicles. Cell phones and anything that takes your focus from the road, even for a fraction of a second, can be enough to cause a serious crash.
- When turning on a red light, only proceed when the car in front of you clears. If the car has to come to a sudden stop, you may end up stuck in the intersection or you may get into a collision.
- Approach intersections with no lights carefully. When the lights are not functioning, treat the intersection as a four-way stop. At the same time, keep alert for unusual driving from other drivers or for other road users darting into the intersection. Not everyone understands how a four-way stop works.
- Look for pedestrians, children, and others who share the intersection. These road users may behave in ways you do not expect. Young children, for example, may dart unexpectedly into the street or may get confused by traffic signals. In addition, pedestrians, bicycles, and other road users may not be expected or may take up less space than cars, making them harder to spot. Drive defensively and check your way carefully before you proceed or turn.
- Expect the unexpected. Other road users may wander into an intersection, may speed, or may suddenly switch lanes in the middle of an intersection.
Our Traffic Accident Lawyer is Here For You
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said in 2010 than 36 percent of car accidents occur at intersections, and about 96 percent of intersection accidents are caused by driver error. Drivers, motorcyclists, pedestrians and bicyclists can be injured by a driver whose negligence or recklessness causes an intersection accident.
Sometimes the intersections themselves are the problem. Poor design or maintenance can cause hazardous driving conditions. Mistimed traffic signals, poor lines of vision, or a lack of left-hand turn signals all can contribute to accidents at intersections. But, too often it is a driver who has caused an accident through careless or reckless behavior. This is why we urge drivers to be cautious out there.
Call Our Orlando Car Accident Lawyer
Personal injury claims are rarely going to be as straightforward as you would like them to be. That is what we at Injury Assistance Law Firm in Orlando are here for. Our traffic accident lawyer understands the kind of quality that is necessary in order to provide our clients with real results. We work hard to make sure that you trust us with your claims and we stick with you throughout the entire process so that you always have someone to turn to for any questions or concerns that you may have. If you are interested in learning more about our services, contact the Orlando car accident lawyer at Injury Assistance Law Firm today.