An accident on the road can occur in an instant and end up having a serious impact on the rest of your life. When a truck accident occurs, you may end up severely injured. In such a case, you will want to make sure that the negligent driver is held responsible for the damages that they have incurred upon you. Although you may wish for your case to go smoothly, this does not always happen, especially in the case of truck accidents. It is important for drivers to avoid certain mistakes in order to receive the settlement that you deserve for the injuries they incur. This is why you may need the assistance of a truck accident attorney to help you with your case throughout each segment. Injury Assistance Law Firm is a top Orlando personal injury lawyer. Call Injury Assistance Law Firm near Orlando today for your law firm needs!
Mistakes To Avoid
There are certain mistakes to avoid when you get into a truck accident so that you get the compensation that you deserve. Here are some to keep in mind:
- Waiting Too Long To Seek Medical Treatment-
- Accidents happen very quickly, and when they do, they can get your adrenaline pumping. Adrenaline can dull your pain, and you may be unaware of your injuries. It’s crucial to get checked out immediately by a doctor after the accident occurs. You may go to the hospital in the ambulance, or you may end up in the emergency room or visiting your personal physician later. Waiting too long can make your injuries worse and weaken your case. If you wait too long to visit the doctor, then your insurance company may say that you were not severely injured or that your injuries did not happen from the crash.
- Accepting the First Settlement Offer-
- As a rule, your insurance company will want to resolve your case as quickly as for as little money as they are able to. This means that they may offer you a check for your injuries and damages right away, which may be a severe lowball. If you accept the offer, you will waive your right to take any legal action in the future. The first offer is pretty much always too low and may not even be enough to cover your medical costs. It is important not to accept an offer until you have gone through it thoroughly with your Orlando personal injury lawyer in order to determine if it is the compensation you deserve (and pay your premiums for).
Top Truck Accident Attorney
- Filing Your Claim Too Late-
- There are many deadlines when it comes to filing a case, so you will want to file your case as soon as you are prepared to. The longer you wait to file a claim, the harder it will be to prove your case. Information may disappear, and witnesses may not remember the event, while documents may be lost.
Contact Us Today
If a truck accident happens, it is important to keep in mind these common mistakes. Injury Assistance Law Firm is a top truck accident attorney near Orlando. If you are looking for an Orlando personal injury lawyer, call Injury Assistance Law Firm’s Winter Haven office today!