Personal injury cases represent a good portion of those filed in civil court. If you are injured intentionally or otherwise harmed due to the negligence of others, a personal injury attorney can get you the justice you deserve. Personal injury attorneys deal with a wide variety of cases from injuries incurred from accidents or psychological damage related to the actions of others. Not sure if your case qualifies as a personal injury? Attorneys at The Injury Assistance Law Firm can sort out the details and give you the best advice on filing a suit and your chances of winning.
Types of Personal Injury Cases
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Wrongful Death
- Workplace Accident
- Premises Liability
- Products Liability
What Is Needed When Filing a Case
There are several items and information points needed to file a personal injury case:
- Negligence: is the other party responsible for the accident?
- Sustained physical injury
- Financial loss due to the injury—wages, medical bills
- The injury date is within the Florida state statute of limitations.
Why Hire an Attorney?
Filing personal injury suits can be as complicated as the legal terminology of the process. A personal injury attorney not only protects you from bad faith negotiations but also from making legal errors that could hurt your chance of receiving a fair settlement. It is important to have someone on your side providing support and guidance through what can be a challenging legal process. Bad enough you are dealing with a physical or mental injury. The last thing you want is ineffectual legal representation.
When hiring an attorney, look for these qualities:
- Is the attorney a good listener?
- Well-versed in Florida laws?
- Courtroom savvy (experience)?
- Respected by peers?
How attorneys get paid can be complex; here’s a basic rundown:
- Plaintiffs. Fees are contingent on the outcome of the case and land somewhere around 33% of the settlement. However, there are also mixed hourly contingents based on reduced hourly rates; sliding scales of increased or reduced 33% fee; contingency, where the attorney does not get paid unless you win.
- Defendants. A retainer agreed on before work begins; a blended hourly rate if more than one attorney handles the case; hourly cap
If no insurance policy covers a defendant (i.e., the defendant is an uncovered private individual), attorney’s fees are out-of-pocket. Before hiring, attorney fee arrangements should be discussed and clarified.
Why Hire the Injury Assistance Law Firm?
The Injury Assistance Law Firm’s legal focus is personal injury. That’s all we do. Serving the Orlando/Winter Haven area, we represent the full range of accident-related injuries from car accidents to wrongful death claims. Our main goal: help clients obtain the compensation they deserve. Our personable, transparent, and compassionate attention to each client sets us apart from other legal groups for whom you and your case are, as they say, “just a number.” At IALF every client’s case is treated individually. Our reputation for success in the Orlando /Winter-Garden area precedes us.
Have you been injured or have a question as to whether you have a personal injury case? Michael A. Mills and The Injury Assistance Law Firm are here and ready to help.
Call Now for a Free Consultation or Case Evaluation!
823 N Thornton Ave
Orlando, FL 32803
20 3rd Street S.W.
Winter Haven, Fl 33880
email: [email protected]